The MCIP is a business development, support and training program for historically underutilized viable construction businesses with a heavy emphasis on minority businesses.
We're here help minority businesses improve their business and management systems to enhance capacity, profitability and net worth.
MCIP provides training opportunities designed to help minority contractors secure work, successfully manage construction projects, and develop their capacity and skills to continuously improve their businesses.
MCIP works closely with its parent organization, the National Association of Minority Contractors of Oregon (NAMCO), in providing links to contracting opportunities. We focus on helping minority contractors strengthen their business systems so they may be well-prepared and well-equipped to tackle bigger projects in the future.
- Identify historically underutilized viable construction businesses (HUCB).
- Provide an incubator like environment that provides a continuum of detailed technical support services that assist these viable target businesses to develop their key project, financial and risk management systems.
- Provide general project based technical assistance to other HUCB’s that are bidding other projects which funds are available.
- Develop a business support program where HUCB’s can contract for business support services to assure these businesses consistently have staffing in place to implement and operate key business systems.
- Support key advocacy efforts that assist in maximizing utilization of HUCB’s with targeted agencies and private projects
- Work with private and public partners that are willing to support these principles.